Thank you to the always amazing Nancy at Graphic Novelty² who nominated our blog for this mysterious award! Nancy is a comic book fan, and librarian who loves Star Wars And Star Trek. Graphic Novelty² is a blog I frequently follow for their amazing reviews of numerous graphic novels and I know I can always trust their recommendations.
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma and is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. I am so glad that Nancy nominated me, I always enjoy doing these and I hope that you get to now me a tad better.
This award has MANY components to it, and based off Nancy’s post, here we go:
Rules for the award:
1) Display the award logo on your blog.
2) Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
3) Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
4) Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
5) Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
6) Nominate bloggers.
7) Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
8) Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
9) Share a link to your best post.
Three things about me:
- I am duel nationally. I was born in England and lived their for the first 7 years of my life and then moved to New Zealand for Dad’s work. I have not ever been back in over 12 years now! Even though I have not been back in over 12 years, I still identify as British and will eventually move back.
- I have a dog called Milo. He will be turning 4 a week after I turn 20! He’s is a Flat Coated Retreiver and the third dog I have had, with the other two both being the same breed but black, not liver like he is.
- I collect Steelbooks and Blu-Rays. I have only been seriously collecting for the past 6 months but have been casually collecting movies for as long as I can remember. I am lucky that my parents are letting me take all of their movies when they move so my collection will grow drastically. If you want to see the stuff that I have collected, checkout my Gemr account. It is a website to show off your collections and I highly recommend it!
Graphic Novelty² questions for me
1) Who would play you in the movie of your life?
I have the biased answer to this and then the realists answer to this. Ideally I would love to have Daisy Ridley to play me! I mean who wouldn’t?! We kinda look similar but she is just too tall to be me only being 5 foot on a good day. So realistically I would say Carrie Fisher when she was 19 in the original Star Wars movie.
2) Where would you go if you had a two week, all expense-paid vacation to anywhere in the world?
If by all expenses means everything I could dream off, then I would go to Los Angeles to the world premiere of Star Wars Episode VIII. Because I cannot afford to do that and it is something that I would absolutely love to do! Then afterwards play golf at Pebble Beach and all the amazing golf courses around that area.
3) What do you love on your pizza? What do you absolutely LOATHE on your pizza?
I am going through a sun-dried tomatoes phase right now, I can have them with absolutely ANYTHING! I don’t absolutely loathe anything on my pizza cause if I don’t like it, I won’t eat it. But I am going to go out their and say chocolate. Why. I cannot think of anything else right now, but it just does not sound right.
4) What would your dream job be if money wasn’t an issue?
Being a professional golfer, which I am working towards anyway! Don’t let money get in the way of achieving your dream!
5) Who is the person who has shaped your life significantly?
If you had asked me this before Christmas I honestly do not know who I would have said, probably my parents. But now, I can say with 1000% certainty that Carrie Fisher was the biggest influence in my life, possibly even more so than my parents. She made me realise that I can be who I want to be without caring about what the worlds thinks of you; that just because you are a woman, it does not mean that you are just their for the men (the ‘real heros’) to come and rescue you and numerous others things that if lists them all it would take a good few days. What’s even more impressive is that she did all this without me realising it. It had never occurred to me that I may be lesser because I was a woman, that I should not boss men around and take charge. I grew up with such an amazing role model who I did not even realise was one until her unfortunate passing. The way that she was so open about her personal difficulties made me realise that celebrities are not perfect. That they suffer from everything that I do, expect they do it on a world stage with everyone watching.
My best post
I am not sure which would be my best post, but my review of Illuminae has been pinned on Pinterest 235 time (so far) and is the most visited post on my blog. The post that I personally enjoy the most is either Living With No Excuses by Noah Galloway or A Brief History Of Time by Steven Hawking. Yes I have survived reading a book by Steven Hawking.
Below are the people that I nominate:
Bookidote – https://bookidote.wordpress.com/
The Geeky Yogi – https://thegeekyyogi.wordpress.com
The Amazing Bookshelf – https://theamazingbookshelf.wordpress.com
And here are my 5 questions for you:
- What made you start blogging?
- If you had to die in one of your favourite books, which book and how?
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
- When you are not blogging or reading, what takes up most of your time?
- What would your dream job be if money was no object?
I hope that you enjoyed this and got to know me a bit better.